Why December'26...? - DESEMBER 26 FILM

September 09, 2007

Why December'26...?

Desember'26 is just a little piece of mind when I saw my brothers in Aceh suffering from illness caused by Tsunami on December, 26, 2004 ago. I could feel the world sincerely cried for them that day. I didn’t know, suddenly I feel that my country, Indonesia is a part of the world, in the same time when in the last vew days I felt that it will be forcely separated by independency request of Aceh and Papua like medias said everyday.

A big question in my head was; “What about my brothers in Papua right now? Are they crying for their other Indonesian brothers, Aceh too?” Well, maybe it’s a weird question. But I really couldn’t wait for the answer. So, directly I send that question message to a friend in Papua. And the answer is “Yes, they sincerely cried..!”.

So, I feel that I have plently of backbone to wrote it into a film screenplay. And here we are, Desember’26 was a big effort to shoot it in very limited budget. I can’t say it ‘low budget’ for something that actually ‘no budget’.
But Alhamdulillah, we did it even in a simple way of production thoughts.

Anyway, I just need to share something in my head, that without any attributes we weared such as nations, flags, religions, races, football clubs and so on, actually we are already the one thing, one nation, one world by heart feeling of humanism. Because we can’t leave alone forever. Never..!

I still can hear an Indonesian Nation Song “Dari Sabang Sampai Merauke” (From Sabang part of Aceh to Merauke-part of Papua) right here, right now…!